Ice Dam Repair in NATICK
If you’re a homeowner, you know how important it is to keep your roof in good repair. Not only does a well-maintained roof protect your home and belongings from the elements, it also adds value to your property. One common problem that can occur on roofs during the winter months is ice dams. These can cause serious damage to your roof, and it’s important to address them as soon as possible to prevent the need for ice dam repair.
What are ice dams?
Ice dams occur when snow and ice melt on your roof and then refreeze, creating a dam-like structure. These dams can cause water to back up on your roof, leading to leaks and damage. Here at Shore Lock Homes, we find that dams are most common on roofs that have poor insulation and ventilation. If your roofing doesn’t have proper insulation, the heat from inside your home can cause the snow and ice on your roof to melt, which can then refreeze when it reaches the colder edges of your roof.
How do ice dams form?
As we mentioned, ice dams are caused by melting and refreezing snow and ice on your roof. Here’s how it typically happens:
- Snow accumulates on your roof and begins to melt due to heat loss from your home.
- The melted snow flows down your roof until it reaches the colder edges, where it begins to refreeze.
- As more snow and ice melt, they flow down the roof and collect behind the dam of ice, causing water to back up on your roof.
If you have any questions, or if you’re in need of ice dam repair or ice dam removal services, contact us today!
At Shore Lock Homes, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our customers have to say about working with us.
THANK YOU Ron and crew... ill be happy to refer you to anyone who need help with work on their home.- Chris B.
Every day they were here they make sure everything was picked up before they left. I was so satisfied with the job that now we’re thinking on doing siding and windows with him.- William C.
Having used Ron and his company in the past, for triple-glazed windows, and four years later, new vinyl siding and shutters I knew the job would be done correctly and to my complete satisfaction. Thank you Ron, Bob and crew for a job WELL DONE !- David H.
For my upcoming home improvement projects, I won’t have to look anywhere else and compare prices, one call will be shore lock home and I know the result will be impressive.- Nepheg A.
He came highly recommended by neighbors and did a quality job at a reasonable price.- Diane R.
I will be forever grateful for having met Ron at Shore Lock Homes.- Alyssa C.
Ron is an incredibly intelligent person. He analyses the issue, gives you an exact timeline and does a great job!- Ziad H.
My highest compliments to Ron and his crew.- Peter D.
signs that you may need ice dam repair
- Icicles hanging from your roof: If you have icicles hanging from your roof, it could be a sign that you have an ice dam. These icicles form when the melted snow and ice flow down your roof and refreeze.
- Water stains on your ceiling: If you notice water stains on your ceiling or walls, it could be a sign that you have an ice dam. Water can leak through the roof and cause these stains if it gets backed up due to an ice dam.
- Sagging gutters: If you have an ice dam, the weight of the ice and snow can cause your gutters to sag. This is a sign that you need to address the issue and call an ice dam repair company as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
How do I prevent ice dams?
Our team of specialists is ready to provide you with top-notch roofing, siding, windows, and gutters services that will restore, protect, and enhance the value of your home or building. At Shore Lock Homes, we're dedicated to delivering exceptional results and customer satisfaction.